BakuTech! Bakugan (Anime)
|Director||Takao Kato (main)|
|Original run||April 7, 2012–March 30, 2013|
|Followed by||BakuTech! Bakugan Gachi|
BakuTech! Bakugan (爆TECH! 爆丸, Bakūtekku! Bakugan?) is a Japanese action adventure anime television series and a spin-off of the Bakugan Battle Brawlers series. It is based on the manga series BakuTech! Bakugan.
After Bakugan: Gundalian Invaders aired in Japan, a decision was made not to air Bakugan: Mechtanium Surge, which had been poorly received in the west. Instead, the BakuTech! anime was aired, each episode running 6 minutes long. It was followed by a sequel titled BakuTech! Bakugan Gachi.
The TV anime adaptation of the BakuTech! manga series follows the daily lives of Harubaru Hinode, Raichi Kuronashi, and Tatsuma as students of Master Shimo's Bakugan Dojo. Each six-minute episode features different BakuTech play styles and fast-paced brawling action.
|Working Drafts||Takeshi Akimoto|
|Bakugan Advisor||Takashi Tsuchiya|
|Series Composition||Mayori Sekijima|
|C.G. Director||Hiroshi Nishimura|
|Character Design||Yuuka Asai|
|Art Director||Chieko Nakamura|
|Color Design||Kunio Tsujita|
|Sound Director||Takashi Kouji|
|Director of Photography||Mayumi Kaneko|
|Animation Production||Shogakukan Musical and Digital Entertainment|
|Animation Producer||Tetsuo Uchida|
|Musical Composer||Shuuhei Naruse|
- Marie Mizuno as Harubaru Hinode
- Miku Watanabe as Raichi Kuronashi
- Yuri Yamaoka as Tatsuma
- Masanori Machida as Master Shimo
- Kozo Dozaka as Koh Grif
- Ryo Agawa as Sho Grif
- Kazuyoshi Shiibashi as Quilt
- Hiro Nakajima as Karashina
- Mitsuaki Kanuka as Tohga
- Yumi Uchiyama as Jinza
- Souichi Abe as Master Jyou
- Masaaki Kouda as Harou Kido
- Hidenori Takahashi as Battle Announcer, Zakuro
- Shizuma Hodoshima as Master Odore
- Hiroaki Tajiri as Master Grizz
- Nitta Saki as Audience A
- Sakura Yoshioka as Audience B
List of Characters
- Harubaru Hinode
- Raichi Kuronashi
- Koh Grif
- Sho Grif
- Master Shimo ///
- Quilt /
- Master Jyou ///
- Harou Kido
- Guardian BakuTech: G-Ganorada
- Master Grizz
- Guardian BakuTech: Hugger Doguma
- Master Odore
- Guardian BakuTech: Win Dmill
- Shade of Odos /
Major Differences from the Manga
- In the anime, a lot of main Bakugan replace the roles of other Bakugan in the manga (for example, Mika Laurel takes Mega Nemus' place most of the time).
- The first half of the anime involves the Shadow Sanjushi instead of the BakuThieves whereas in the manga, it is the other way around.
- Tatsuma is introduced in the first episode of the anime and appears in every subsequent episode. In the manga, he does not appear for a while.
- The BakuTech Colisseo chapters were skipped, so Harou Kido was the three-time champion in the anime instead of just two.
- The Rare Bakugan Hunters do not appear in the anime, but their Guardian Bakugan are often used for target practice in the Bakugan Dojo and in Quilt's Temple.
- In the manga, Van Falco evolved because Sho used a machine to repair Van Falco after Catol destroys it. In the anime, it naturally evolves after Sho defeats Koh in a brawl.
- Master Jyou never switches places with Master Shimo in the manga.
- In the manga, the Shadow Sanjushi get their Sechs Tavanel at the same time as Team Dragon.
- The anime does not state how Tatsuma acquires his metal cross parts, only hinting that Harou gave them to him, while the manga explains he took a trial to become a BakuTech and got metal cross parts that way.
- The manga versions of the fights with the Grif brothers' newly evolved Bakugan and with Master Grizz and Master Odore are shorter.
- Zakuro's possession takes place at the Tavanel cup in the manga.
- Raichi's dark past is not talked about in the anime.