- For the Bakugan: Battle Brawlers Green Ability Card version, see Darkus (Card).
Darkus refers to elemental power of shadow and dark energy. Bakugan that belong to Darkus have a wide variety of shapes, from quadrapedal dragons to floating eyes and demons.
- 1 Legacy
- 2 Reboot
- 3 Etymology
Darkus, Darkon (ダークオン, Dākuon?) in the Japanese version, is the Attribute of Darkness found on Bakugan.
Darkus Bakugan have a large variety of G-Powers and Ability Cards so there are many ways to use them. The strongest Bakugan of this Attribute is a Scaboid with 1300 Gs. The current Soldiers are Alpha Hydranoid, Knight Percival, Linehalt, Infinity Helios, Orbeum, and Skytruss.
- Diagonal Relation - Pyrus
- Side Relation - Aquos and Haos
- Triple Node - Ventus and Subterra
Bakugan Battle Brawlers
Exedra was the Legendary Soldier of Darkus, until he gave his Attribute energy to Percival and then the Bakugan evolved to Knight Percival.
|Alice Gehabich/Masquerade||Reaper, Hydranoid → Dual Hydranoid → Alpha Hydranoid|
|Ace Grit||Percival → Knight Percival|
|Shadow Prove||Hades, MAC Spider|
|Barodius/Mag Mel||Dharak → Phantom Dharak → Razenoid → Evolved Razenoid|
|Spectra Phantom||Infinity Helios|
|Wiseman||Betadron, Mutabrid, Kodokor|
|Shun Kazami||Skytruss & Orbeum|
*From the Bakugan: Battle Brawlers video game
|Vladitor → Battle Ax Vladitor|
Darkus playstyle in Bakugan Dimensions was unique because its Gate Cards were stackable; so if you play one on top of another, the first one would not be dispelled. Most of these gates also boost the power of Darkus attacks. They could also drain stats and ignore defenses, but they also didn't have any fast attacks without having prerequisite stat advantages (i.e. winning in agility).
Their Fighting Styles were:
- Darkness Falls
- Darkness Falls 2
- Solemn Night
- Balance of Power
- Strike from Shadow
- Gate Controller
- Darkened Waves (Darkus and Aquos)
- Light in the Shadow (Haos and Darkus)
|Raichi Kuronashi||Destroy Munikis → Zero Munikis → Hollow Munikis → Zeta Munikis , Sechs Tavanel|
|Zakuro||Dio Sivac, Bone Skuls, Seis Tavanel, Sanzu Hollowbos|
|Shade of Odos||Dagger Odos|
Darkus has a color scheme of a black body with purple trim, with mainly red, light blue, yellow and green as the third colors. Sometimes the colors may include gold and silver.
There are also Flip Darkus Bakugan that are mainly purple with black trim and mainly white with black trim.
The Bakugan: Gundalian Invaders color scheme is still mainly black, but with sickly green highlights instead of purple, though purple remains a tertiary color.
Trading Card Game
|Image||Card Name||Card Type||Card Series|
|Siege Switch||Green Ability Card||42/48|
|Darkus||Green Ability Card||45/48|
|Darkus 2||Green Ability Card||45/48b|
|Triangle of Power||Blue Ability Card||36/48c|
|Gate of Doom||Silver Gate Card||3/48e|
- The symbol of the Darkus attribute is derived from the Han character for darkness, 闇 (yami?).
- In the Battle Brawlers series:
- Only three female characters use this attribute: Alice Gehabich, Taylor, and Chris.
- Only Spectra is dressed with a costume of a single color: black, in his Bakugan: Mechtanium Surge appearance.
- The majority of Darkus brawlers are either antagonists or redeemed antagonists; the only exception is Ace Grit.
- The only main antagonists that did not use Darkus were both from New Vestroia: Spectra Phantom (arc 1) and Zenoheld (arc 2), both of whom used Pyrus.
- More than half of the Baku Sky Raiders that appear are Darkus-Attributed.
Darkus (ダーカス, Dākasu?) is one of the six elemental Factions that Bakugan can belong to. It is the Faction of dark energy. The region on Vestroia where Darkus Bakugan reside is known as Darkavia.
The main colors of Darkus Bakugan are black, purple, and lime green. Grey was added in Geogan Rising.
In Evolutions the color scheme of all factions were completely changed. Darkus Bakugan during this set of products were a black or ash grey with silver and magenta as secondary highlights and a pale mint as an accent color.
The Darkus Faction symbol has been redesigned, and is printed on the top left of all Darkus Character Cards and left of the type box on all other Darkus Ability Cards, starting from the Armored Alliance card expansions on wards all Bakugan have the faction Symbol Printed on them as well, in addition to appearing as a watermark in the text box on cards. It appears as a dark cloud or an angular eye.
Ferascal (Main during Geogan Rising)
|Magnus Black||Nillious (Main)|
|Strata the Hunter||Skorporos|
|Col. Armstrong Tripp||Cloptor|
Geogan Ghost Beast
|Zhao||Pandoxx x 2|
- For a list of all cards in the Darkus Faction, see Category:Darkus Cards.
- For the list of all released Darkus Battle Planet Bakugan, see Bakulog (Battle Planet)#Darkus.
- For the list of all released Darkus Armored Alliance Bakugan, see Bakulog (Armored Alliance)#Darkus.
- For the list of all released Darkus Geogan Rising Bakugan, see Bakulog (Geogan Rising)#Darkus.
- For the list of all released Darkus Evolutions Bakugan, see Bakulog (Evolutions)#Darkus.
The root word for this attribute in both English and Japanese is the English word dark, which itself is derived from the Proto-Germanic word derkaz.
Notably, this is the only attribute whose name is derived from an English word.