- 1 Legacy
- 2 Reboot
- 3 Etymology
Darkus Bakugan have a large variety of G-Powers and Ability Cards so there are many ways to use them. The strongest Bakugan of this Attribute is a Scaboid with 1300 Gs. The current Soldiers are Alpha Hydranoid, Knight Percival, Linehalt, Infinity Helios, Orbeum, and Skytruss.
Bakugan Battle Brawlers
|Alice Gehabich/Masquerade||Reaper, Hydranoid → Dual Hydranoid → Alpha Hydranoid|
|Ace Grit||Percival → Knight Percival|
|Shadow Prove||Hades, MAC Spider|
|Barodius/Mag Mel||Dharak → Phantom Dharak → Razenoid → Evolved Razenoid|
|Spectra Phantom||Infinity Helios|
|Wiseman||Betadron, Mutabrid, Kodokor|
|Shun Kazami||Skytruss & Orbeum|
*From the Bakugan: Battle Brawlers video game
|Vladitor → Battle Ax Vladitor|
Darkus playstyle in Bakugan Dimensions was unique because its Gate Cards were stackable; so if you play one on top of another, the first one would not be dispelled. Most of these gates also boost the power of Darkus attacks. They could also drain stats and ignore defenses, but they also didn't have any fast attacks without having prerequisite stat advantages (i.e. winning in agility).
Their Fighting Styles were:
- Darkness Falls
- Darkness Falls 2
- Solemn Night
- Balance of Power
- Strike from Shadow
- Gate Controller
- Darkened Waves (Darkus and Aquos)
- Light in the Shadow (Haos and Darkus)
|Raichi Kuronashi||Destroy Munikis → Zero Munikis → Hollow Munikis → Zeta Munikis , Sechs Tavanel|
|Zakuro||Dio Sivac, Bone Skuls, Seis Tavanel, Sanzu Hollowbos|
|Shade of Odos||Dagger Odos|
Darkus has a color scheme of a black body with purple trim, with mainly red, light blue, yellow and green as the third colors. Sometimes the colors may include gold and silver.
The Bakugan: Gundalian Invaders color scheme is still mainly black, but with sickly green highlights instead of purple, though purple remains a tertiary color.
- The symbol of the Darkus attribute is derived from the Han character for darkness, 闇 (yami?).
- In the Battle Brawlers series:
- Only three female characters use this attribute: Alice Gehabich, Taylor, and Chris.
- Only Spectra is dressed with a costume of a single color: black, in his Bakugan: Mechtanium Surge appearance.
- The majority of Darkus brawlers are either antagonists or redeemed antagonists; the only exception is Ace Grit.
- The only main antagonists that did not use Darkus were both from New Vestroia: Spectra Phantom (arc 1) and Zenoheld (arc 2), both of whom used Pyrus.
- More than half of the Baku Sky Raiders that appear are Darkus-attributed.
Ferascal (Main during Geogan Rising)
|Magnus Black||Nillious (Main)|
|Strata the Hunter||Skorporos|
|Col. Armstrong Tripp||Cloptor|
Geogan Ghost Beast
The root word for this attribute in both English and Japanese is the English word dark, which itself is derived from the Proto-Germanic word derkaz.
Notably, this is the only attribute whose name is derived from an English word.