|Release date||June 1, 2010–June 30, 2011|
Bakugan Dimensions was a beta MMORPG created by Spin Master that ran between June 1, 2010–June 30, 2011. It allowed players to create avatars, explore the game's world, and use Bakugan (either provided in-game or purchased in real life) to brawl non-playable characters and other players. It contained characters from Bakugan: Gundalian Invaders, though the game was largely set independent of the game's timeline.
At the beginning of the game, after the character creation menu, players were supplied with three default Bakugan in their chosen attribute. They did not gain experience and levels as quickly, but could be used without making any purchases. To acquire additional Bakugan, DNA Codes found on real-life Gundalian Invaders and Mechtanium Surge Bakugan toys could be input into the game to acquire their game versions.
- March 1, 2010: Bakugan.com transitioned into Gundalian Invaders information, but no news about Dimensions was announced.
- March 5, 2010: A new trailer for Dimensions was added to the website that talks about it, and the main page stated "Bakugan Dimensions coming soon". Release date announced for March 25.
- March 19–20, 2010: A TV commercial that aired on Cartoon Network, Disney XD, and Nicktoons announced Dimensions would release April 5 (a roughly two-week delay from March 25), with a contest (30 days of winnings) that would end with Dimensions' release. The contest included many different prizes and a chance at $10,000.
- March 29, 2010: The site said "Bakugan Dimensions enters open Beta".
- April 5, 2010: Dimensions was further delayed.
- June 1, 2010: Bakugan Dimensions is finally released.
- June 2, 2010: Dimensions is briefly up, then goes down for maintenance.
- June 5, 2010: Dimensions is back up.
- February 28, 2011: After eight months, Dimensions goes down again.
- March 1, 2011: Dimensions goes back up.
- April 12, 2011: Dimensions goes down for maintenance.
- April 13, 2011: Dimensions is restored.
- June 20, 2011: Dimensions goes down for maintenance.
- June 30, 2011: Dimensions closed permanently.
Bakugan Dimensions mainly had the players stay in Bayview. Players could travel around by clicking their mouse on their destination, or using the Arrow Keys. To travel to a different area, a player would click on the map. There are five main areas:
- The School: Contained a courtyard, Leader Board, DNA console, and access to Bakugan Interspace. There were plenty of NPC brawlers you could challenge as well.
- The Park: Contained three DNA consoles (one by the Sewers, one by the house and one at the square), one Leader Board, and the Sewers.
- Downtown: Contained two Clothing Stores, a Dojo, a portal to Neathia, a Hair Salon, the Gear Shop, one DNA console, and one Leader Board.
- The Residential: The smallest part of Bayview, with only two NPCs there, one being Dan Kuso.
- Neathia: To get to Neathia, you had to enter Downtown and find the Portal in the Bakugan Interspace Plaza. In Neathia, there were a number of NPCs, including Dan, Fabia, Queen Serena, and the Gundalians.
- Bakugan Interspace: To get to Interspace, you clicked on the Internet Terminal at The School (next to the DNA console), and clicked: "Log in to Interspace". Interspace contained a Plaza and the Stadium. Interspace had a lot of NPCs, mainly Shun Kazami, Marucho Marukura, and Lord Darkus.
Entering DNA Codes
At the in-game DNA consoles, entering the 10-digit DNA Codes found on Gundalian Invaders or Mechtanium Surge Bakugan would add them to your in-game collection. The special 3-digit codes found on BakuMeters would give your avatar a BakuMeter accessory and some Clear Bakugan. All Bakugan entered started out with 400 Gs, with the exception of Colossus Bakugan which started out with 650.
For each DNA Code entered for a Bakugan already owned in-game, it would gain 25 Gs. If you entered a pre-released Bakugan, you will receive BakuCoins unless Spin Master entered the code into the system.
Servers were used, as with most MMOs, to prevent overcrowding. The available servers were listed in alphabetical order and were named after Bakugan.
- Avior: The "Brawl with BrightLight" event took place here.
- Dharak: One of the most popular servers during the game's duration.
- Helix Dragonoid
- Strikeflier: Official Spin Master tournaments took place here.
- Main article: List of Bakugan Dimensions Glitches