Mechanical Bakugan, Mecha Bakugan (メカ爆丸, Meka Bakugan?) in the Japanese version, are artificial Bakugan created for the Vexos under the directive of the scientist Vestal Clay Fermin. These Bakugan have a mechanical appearance, and resemble mechanized animals. After their creation and their prototype, the first Mechanical Bakugan, Ventus Altair had its bugs worked out, Mechanical Bakugan became commonplace in the Vexos with several of the brawlers having Mechanical Partner Bakugan and the majority of them having Mechanical Bakugan Traps.
Early Mechanical Bakugan tend to spin like a top when they are thrown unlike normal Bakugan which roll like a ball when being thrown. These Mechanical Bakugan have spinning rings inside their body in their Bakugan form; Examples include Altair, Hades and Cyborg Helios.
All Mechanical Bakugan cannot talk while half-mechanical ones like Cyborg Helios can. The new and improved Mechanical Bakugan such as Aluze, Macubass and Dryoid lack supporting mechanical Bakugan Traps as well as spinning chest pieces compared to their earlier counterparts. However, the only new Mechanical Bakugan that has a supportive device is Farbros. The Assail System and Farbros can also combine.
Mechanical Bakugan often have dots patterns in their ball or Trap form. Sometimes the dots pattern are also shown in Bakugan form. Some of them have diamond patterns in their ball form such as Altair. Most of the Mechanical Bakugan have a silvery body in their ball form except Farbros and Dryoid. No Mechanical Bakugan Traps have silvery bodies like that of a normal Mechanical Bakugan.
List of Mechanical Bakugan
Bakugan Battle Brawlers: New Vestroia
- Altair (Lync's first Partner Bakugan) (Was broken in episode 11)
- Aluze (Lync's second Partner Bakugan) (Destroyed in episode 47)
- Boriates (Volt's second Partner Bakugan)
- Cyborg Helios* (Spectra's upgraded Partner Bakugan which later upgraded to Helios MK2) (Half-Mechanical)
- Dark Hound**
- Dryoid (Prince Hydron's Partner Bakugan) (Destroyed in episode 52)
- Dynamo (Volt's Bakugan Trap)
- Farbros (King Zenoheld's Partner Bakugan) (Destroyed in episode 52)
- Fortress (Shadow Prove's Bakugan Trap)
- Grakas Hound**
- Hades (Shadow Prove's first Partner Bakugan, which was disguised as Alpha Hydranoid) (Destroyed)
- Helios MK2 (Evolved from Cyborg Helios) (Half-Mechcanical)
- Hexstar (Volt's Second Bakugan Trap)
- Infinity Helios (Evolved from Helios MK2) (Part Mechcanical)
- MAC Spider (Shadow Prove's second Partner Bakugan after Hades was destroyed) (Destroyed in episode 48)
- Macubass (Mylene's second Partner Bakugan) (Destroyed in episode 48)
- Metalfencer (Spectra Phantom's Bakugan Trap)
- Wired (Lync's secondary Bakugan) (Thought to be a Bakugan Trap in the anime, possibly)
Bakugan: The Graphic Novel
- Myriad Hades
Bakugan Gundalian Invaders
Bakugan Mechtanium Surge
- All Mechtogan
- All Mechtogan Titans
- All BakuNano
- Dragonoid Destroyer
- Mechtavius Destroyer
- All Mobile Assaults
- Most Mechanical Bakugan are animated using CGI instead of the traditional cel animation, the exceptions being Cyborg Helios and Helios MK2, since they're not all mechanical..
- Mecha Chamelia is the first Earth-made Mechanical Bakugan to be introduced.
- Most of the main Mechanical Bakugan were created by the Vestals but ironically, most of them were destroyed by Vestal characters as well (except for Hades).
- Near the end of New Vestroia, Dryoid and Farbros seemed to gain some semblance of "personality" and became a bit more sentient.