|This article is about something that is currently under development or unreleased.
Details may change prior to official release.
|Saved By the Siren
Macubass (マキュバス, Makyubasu?) was a jet-like Mechanical Bakugan used by Mylene Farrow after her disposal of her previous Bakugan Elico. Most well known for its ABSIDS abilities, Macubass was a formidable Mechanical Bakugan before its untimely destruction at the hands of Wilda.
Macubass sported a jet-like frame equipped with a gauntlet of available accessories. While primarily focused on underwater combat, Macubass was capable of flight with little to no limitations. Macubass could also camouflage itself to an environment. Its feet contained rocket thrusters that propelled it into the air and its arms housed energy blades. Macubass's hands could convert into rapid-fire revolvers as well as water spouts. Despite these effective side weapons, Macubass was most reliant on its ABSIDS (Automatic Brain Scan Image Direction System) or SABDIS in the Japanese version (Scanning Automatic Brain Direct Image System), a program that allowed its brawler to relay mental commands to an array of attack pods that detached from Macubass's wings. As such, Macubass's most powerful abilities are ABSIDS and ABSIDS TR 2.
Macubass debuted in Saved By the Siren, where Mylene used it in an ill-fated attempt to acquire Knight Percival's Attribute Energy. After Macubass lost in a brief first round, Mylene used its ABSIDS ability and won the second round. Quickly employing exactly the same strategy, Macubass nearly won the brawl, only to be interrupted by the appearance of Klaus and Sirenoid, who backed up Percival. Though holding its own for a while longer, Macubass was trounced by a powerful attack from Percival.
In Earth Invaders, Macubass was used a second time, this time whilst tagging with Aluze against Magma Wilda and Blade Tigrerra. Despite minimal back-up from Aluze, Macubass battled alone for the majority of the brawl and more than held its own before setting up its opponents to a precision strike from an airborne Aluze. After Aluze was quickly eliminated in the second round, Macubass took command of the brawl by overwhelming its opponents with a plethora of attacks that nearly drowned the both of them. After Tigrerra was eliminated while in attempting to save Wilda, Macubass unleashed its ABSIDS again to take his Subterra Attribute Energy.
In Ambush, Macubass tags with Boriates while aiming to take the Ventus Attribute Energy in a battle with Master Ingram and Saint Nemus. Due to the usage of the Vexos Trap Field, which continuously restores the G-Power of all Mechanical Bakugan, the brawl is brief and both opponents are defeated, resulting in the Vexos's acquisition of the Ventus Attribute Energy.
In Mylene's Meltdown, Spectra and Mira trap Mylene and Shadow inside Bakugan Interspace and initiate a brawl, resulting in a second bout between Macubass and Magma Wilda. Despite a distinct environmental advantage from the Aquos Reactor Gate Card, Macubass and Wilda are evenly matched before Wilda uses his most powerful abilities to utterly burn and crush Macubass, leaving only its legs intact from a finishing blow.
- Ability Cards
- Hunter Whip: Subtracts 200 Gs from the opponent.
- Radiant Claw: Adds 200 Gs to Macubass.
- Battle Composition: Subtracts 400 Gs from the opponent.
- Saber Barracuda: Adds 300 Gs to Macubass.
- Moby Cannon (Moby Killer/Moby Finale): Adds 400 Gs to Macubass.
- ABSIDS (Japanese version: SABDIS): Subtracts 400 Gs from each opponent and adds 400 Gs to Macubass.
- Marina Cavitation: Prevents the opponent from opening their Gate Card.
- Depth Dive: Nullifies the opponent's Gate Card.
- Stingray Shield: Nullifies the opponent's ability.
- Mauser Barracuda: Subtracts 300 Gs from the opponent.
- Indignation: Prevents all opponents from using any abilities.
- Blue Morbus: Subtracts 300 Gs from each opponent.
- Tsunami Hydrair: Subtracts 400 Gs from each opponent.
- ABSIDS TR 2: Subtracts 500 Gs from each opponent and adds 500 Gs to Macubass.
- Macubass is among the few Mechanical Bakugan who had no exposed design flaws and as such had no exploitable weaknesses.
- The design of Macubass' Bakugan form is strikingly similar to Qubeley and Qubeley MK II series, a mobile suit in Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ and theVF-1 Valkyrie GERWALK mode in Robotech.
- Even its ABSIDS ability is similar to the Funnel attack of the Qubeley and the visor that Mylene use for using ABSIDS is very similar with Ple Two "Psycommu Controller Headset" for controlling Qubeley MK II Funnel. Both of them able to control the bits via brainwaves.
- The ABSIDS TR 2 ability resembles Gundam Zabanya GN Holster Bit's attack from Mobile Suit Gundam 00
- Macubass body also slightly looks like GNMA-001V Regnant in MS-Mode from Mobile Suit Gundam 00
- Blasterate's pods follow an attack pattern identical to that of Macubass's ABSIDS abilities.