Dartaak is an intricate double-strike Bakugan that acts with rapid strikes in battle. The speed of Dartaak's attack takes opponents off guard and gives him every advantage. He is very wily, cunning, manipulative, and agile.
Dartaak was originally planned as a New Vestroia release under the name of "Dart Dragonoid". It was delayed for unspecified reasons and instead released in the fourth wave of Bakugan: Gundalian Invaders.
Dartaak is available in four different Attributes. The Ventus version has 780 + 70 Gs. The Darkus version has 860 + 40 in BakuBoost and 680 + 70 in BakuTriad. The Haos version has 700 + 90. The Aquos version has 650 + 50.
Ruling by SpinMaster:
"How do I use Dartaak in battle? Roll Dartaak into battle. If it lands on a Gate Card it will shoot open. If Dartaak initially opens on your opponent’s Gate Card, add up both G-Powers shown on both pieces of Dartaak and proceed with your battle as normal. If Dartaak initially opens on your Gate Card, you can only use the G-Power on the main piece (the piece that stays behind, not the projectile piece)."
- Dartaak is among the very few Core Bakugan that is not a sphere when closed.
- Unlike Sky & Gaia Dragonoid, Dartaak's secondary piece is not a separate Bakugan, but rather a simple projectile that fires from its chest. This is specified by both its appearance on Bakugan Dimensions and various illustrations seen on in-game cards.
- Due to the existence of their Ability Cards being released during New Vestroia, Dartaak and Zeon Hylash are the only Bakugan released after their Ability Cards which specifically support themselves.
- Cyclone Percival's, Mutant Elfin's, Flash Ingram's, and Meta Dragonoid's support any variation of Percival, Elfin, Ingram, and Dragonoid, respectively.
- Iron Dragonoid's supports any Heavy Metal Bakugan.
- Sky & Gaia Dragonoid's supports a team of completely different Bakugan types and attributes.
- Flare Wilda's is unusable due to its subject being unreleased.