Explosix Gear is a split-wing design flier that reaches supersonic speed. A green laser beam on the front detects the slightest of movements. Upon sensing movement, each wing will shoot lethal green darts to penetrate even the hardest armor.
It first appeared in Twin Evil to help Lumino Dragonoid defeat Contestir. It helps Drago defeat Lumagrowl in Battle For the Second Shield, and again in Sid Returns to defeat Linehalt and Rubanoid with its Level 2 Ability.
Drago uses it again in his fight against Dharak Colossus in Colossus Dharak, to no avail. However, it is more successful in Jake Returns, helping Drago defeat Coredem. In Genesis, it helped Lumino Dragonoid defeat Dragonoid Colossus. It initially failed the first time it was used, but it eventually won with the help of Jakalier.
- Ability Cards
- Explosix Neo (Cross Buster Neo): Transfers 400 Gs from the opponent to Explosix Gear. (Level 1 class ability)
- Cross Buster Flame Impact (Explosix Flame Impact): (Level 2 class ability)
The Japanese Gold Version has 180/190/200 Gs.
- Subterra: Flip a coin. On heads, all Gate bonuses are reduced to zero.
- Haos: Flip a coin. On heads, all Bakugan with the lowest G-Power wins the battle.
- This is the strongest non-Japanese Battle Gear so far.
- Until episode 28, it was called by its Japanese name, Cross Buster.
- It looks similar to Nukix Gear in Gear form.
- The names of both JetKor's and Explosix Gear's Level 2 Battle Gear Ability is "Flame Impact," with their own names in front; the two Battle Gear are also variations of each other.
- The toy form doesn't have opening cannons, but they are still molded on.
- Explosix Gear and Destrakon Gear are two of the wave 5 Battle Gears that have been released.(They have been released in Japan and in Europe).
- In the Japanese version of Genesis, there is a scene where Lumino Dragonoid uses Explosix Gear at Dragonoid Colossus at point-blank range. This was replaced with a scene where Drago uses Explosix at Dragonoid Colossus from the front in the English version.