|First appearance||Just For The Shun Of It|
- 1 Description
- 2 Anime
- 3 Physical Game
- 4 Video Games
- 5 Trivia
- 6 References
Monarus is a Bakugan that resembles a butterfly. It is one of the fastest Bakugan thanks to its large wings and ultra light weight. It has the ability to fly beyond Gate Cards. Its enormous butterfly wings create a mighty hurricane wind to defeat opponents.
Bakugan Official Handbook
Don't let the pretty Monarus fool you. Just because this Bakugan resembles a butterfly with its beautiful wings doesn't mean it can't do real damage in a brawl.
Bakugan Ultimate Handbook
This Bakugan looks like a beautiful butterfly, but don't be fooled by its good looks. When it flaps its wings, it can create a mighty hurricane wind to blow its opponents away! Lightweight Monarus is a super fast flyer, and it can soar right over a Gate card to escape its effects.
Shun uses a Ventus Monarus several times in the series; in its first appearance, Monarus fought and saved Drago from being sent to the Doom Dimension. Later, it once again saves a Bakugan from being sent to the Doom Dimension, this time Gorem. In Shun's battle against Komba, it defeats Harpus and El Condor with Blow Away. Shun later uses it against Oberus' illusory young Shiori, but it was defeated by Bee Striker.
- Scarlet Twister (Crimson Twister): Monarus can move any Bakugan on the field to any Gate Card, but defeats Monarus if the Bakugan that was moved was about to being defeated by another Bakugan.
- Air Battle: Monarus can fly beyond Gate Cards and nullifies the Gate Cards that it lands on. (Ventus)
- Blow Away: Moves the opponent to another Gate Card. (Ventus)
- Backdraft: Removes Monarus or the opponent Bakugan from the current brawl, making the battle a tie. (Ventus)
G-PowersThe listed G-Powers are what we know exist. "N/A" means we do not have any confirmation of a Bakugan existing, not necessarily that none exist. If you have a Bakugan that is not listed here and would like to add it, please upload an image of it and the G-Power for verification.
|Pyrus||470 Gs (Pearl), 700 Gs|
|Ventus||200 Gs (Japan), 380 Gs (Japan), 440 Gs (Pearl), 560 Gs, 640 Gs (Pearl)|
In Japan, its Ventus version in BCV-07 comes with 200 Gs or 380 Gs.
Bakugan Battle Brawlers
Monarus is available in Pyrus, Ventus, and Haos. Chan Lee and Dan use a Pyrus Monarus, Runo and Julio both have Haos Monarus, and Shun and Komba both have Ventus Monarus. Monarus starts with 300 Gs when purchased, making it the second strongest non-Guardian Bakugan in the video game, the first being Laserman with 320 Gs.
Bakugan Battle Brawlers: Battle Trainer
Monarus is available in Bakugan Battle Brawlers: Battle Trainer. Ventus Monarus is unlocked after beating Arena 15.
- Its name and appearance are based on the Monarch Butterfly.
- There are a variety of things about Monarus that change, such as, the ovals on the back of its wings sometimes vanish, they are also sometimes diamond-shaped, also the yellow is sometimes close together, or spread out, its head is sometimes smaller, sometimes one of its eyes is bigger than the other, and a few other things.
- In the DS version of the Video Game, a Pyrus Monarus is orange with red on the top screen, but it is red with orange on the touch screen, a Haos Monarus has a bit of an inverted color scheme and a Ventus Monarus appears normal, probably because it is Ventus in the anime.
- In the anime, Ventus Monarus has red eyes, but while in the game, it has yellow eyes.
- Monarus and Ravenoid are the only two minor Bakugan from season 1 that have an game exclusive evolution in season 2.
- Monarus' rising battle cry in the Wii video game sounds like something Sirenoid might make.