|First appearance||Say It Ain't So Joe|
|Voiced by||Nao Takamori (Japanese)|
Wavern, Wyvern (ワイバーン, Waibān?) in the Japanese version, is a wyvern-like Bakugan. Along with her twin brother, Naga, she is one of the White Ones: Bakugan without an attribute, and thus without powers. In Bakugan Battle Brawlers, she was Joe Brown's Guardian Bakugan and Drago's love interest.
Due to Naga's attempts to claim the powers of the Silent Core and Infinity Core, Wavern was forcefully bound to the Infinity Core. This incident, however, caused the Bakugan of Vestroia to be sent to Earth in toy ball form, thus kicking off the main story. In order to obtain her power, Naga used the power of Negative Energy from the Silent Core to create the Doom Beings. Wavern was ultimately slain in spite of the Battle Brawlers' attempts, but not before she passed the Infinity Core on to Drago. After her passing, she makes appearances a spirit in New Vestroia and Mechtanium Surge to encourage Drago to fight on.
Bakugan Official Handbook
"Shining white Wavern is a wise and kind Bakugan. She is Naga's twin, and they couldn't be more opposite. She holds the positive energy of the Infinity Core inside of her, while Naga has swallowed up the negative Silent Core."
Bakugan: Ultimate Handbook
"Wavern is Naga's twin sister, but she's the complete opposite of her evil brother. While Naga tried to steal the power of Vestroia she held the Infinity Core inside her, protecting Vestroia's positive power source. This made her nearly impossible to defeat. The more negative energy aimed at her, the stronger she became."
Bakugan Battle Brawlers
When Naga fused with the Silent Core, it took over him and broke the balance, causing a massive shockwave, that sent the Infinity Core flying into Wavern. The two collided and Wavern and the Infinity Core fused together and went to Earth. When Joe was in the hospital, he kept seeing visions of Wavern telling him not to let Naga get the Infinity Core. After he moved to Wardington City (Osaka in the Japanese version), Wavern came to him and told him about Naga and the Silent Core. Right before she died, she gave Drago the Infinity Core to defeat Naga. In death, she became the guardian spirit of the Perfect Core of New Vestroia.
Bakugan Battle Brawlers: New Vestroia
Wavern appeared in episodes 6 and 42 as a memory alongside Nova Lion when Drago thought of the sacrifices made to save New Vestroia in the first series. She appeared as a spirit towards the end of episode 42, encouraging Drago not to give up as the Bakugan Termination System was set off. Her words helped Drago absorb the Six Attribute Energies into his body, destroying the system and evolving into Helix Dragonoid. Her words saved Drago from death.
Bakugan: Mechtanium Surge
Wavern appears as a spirit in Back In Sync. She tells Drago and Dan to not give up and once they climbed the cliff, she tells them to search for the haunting entity, showing that she knows something about the visions.
She also appeared as a spirit in Re-connection, as she suggests to Dan and Drago to go back to the memories to when they first met Code Eve and how Dan and Drago received their powers. After doing this, Dan and Drago realize an important clue they missed when Code Eve gave them their powers.
- Ability Cards
- Spirit Eye Flash: Reverses the Gate Card's effect. (Infinity Core)
- Big Bang Blaze: Wavern can nullify any Gate Card or ability and reuse an ability she already used. (Infinity Core)
- Shining Pyrus: Wavern can switch the G-Powers of her opponent and herself. (Infinity Core)
Wavern was released in the BakuSwap series, in all Attributes. In Japan, the Haos version in BCV-11 comes with 490 Gs and 500 Gs. Aquos/Ventus has 600 Gs, Haos has 600, 570, and 370 Gs, Darkus has 580 and 440 Gs, Ventus has 560 and 360 Gs, and Ventus/Aquos has 360 Gs.
- Unlike Drago, who evolved into Infinity Dragonoid and had the Infinity Core appear on his chest when the Core was fused with him, Wavern underwent no changes in appearance or ability when she was merged with it.
- Despite technically having no attribute, the BakuPod identifies her as a Haos Bakugan while it classifies Naga as a Darkus Bakugan. This is likely the result of the Cores that they hold.
- Aside from Drago, who appeared throughout the Battle Brawlers series, Wavern is one of only two first-season Bakugan to appear in Mechtanium Surge, the other being Preyas.
- It appears that Wavern can now move around freely in the real world in Mechtanium Surge, albeit in a spirit form. This is limited to New Vestroia though, since she is still somewhat linked to the Perfect Core.
- In the Japanese version, she calls Drago by his real name, Salamander, every time she sees him. However, in the English dub, she calls Drago "Dragoruny" in the first season.
- Wavern's ball form is similar to Ultimate Dragonoid's ball form, but without the horn.